As a Project Manager with Steel to Wood, you are an essential link between the Lead and his crew, the Client, and any third parties involved in the construction process. You will work together with the lead and the office team to procure materials, manage expectations, and generally keep a job on track.
Why work here?
Owned and operated in Broomfield, CO by Michael Gilbertson, a native veteran, who takes great pride in his team and company Steel to Wood is an upstart company built on integrity and honesty. Every week is something new, in which we love to teach and grow through a variety of projects. Steel to Wood Construction was started with the vision of bringing residential construction and craftsmanship together to provide a service that is through,
straightforward, and rare. We are committed to providing the highest level workmanship to our customers projects.
Our unique process: We are committed and involved fully after an initial job walkthrough, where we provide the option of a Pre-Construction Agreement. This agreement provides us a greenlight to complete all legwork needed, including permits, engineering, and paperwork required to ensure that each job is completed in accordance to law and upmost quality. This also provides a stable bed of documentation to allow for clear communication amongst all parties.
- Reports to - Owner & Office/Operations Manager
- Do the right thing – ALWAYS.
- Maintain a sense of urgency.
- Build Your Company Karma.
- Responsible for overall management of the project.
- Produce jobs at necessary margins.
- During our unique preconstruction process:
- Works with in house Designer and client to to understand, evaluate and develop budget for the Scope of Work and material selections.
- Value engineer the estimate to meet client’s budget
- Solicit, receive, and approve proposals from Subcontractors to perform work.
- Review in house architectural plans for accuracy & provide constructive feedback
- Order Materials with client deposit
- Reviews and adjusts budget based on actual costs to perform work.
- Prepares schedule for project and directs the field staff with scheduling the work of Subs to accomplish the Scope of Work.
- Evaluates need for Change Orders to Owners and Subcontractors.
- Prepare reports, documentations and other job related and administrative documents as needed.
- Work with Administration to update third party claims management programs.
- Arrange for permits as needed.
- Work with Clients to resolve problems as discovered.
- Act as liaison with Clients, Subs and in-house personnel.
- Follow and enforce all policies/procedures/regulations as dictated by Steel to Wood Construction, State, and Federal entities.
- COMPANY CoConstruct Software:
- Update schedule as required.
- Manage in house labor time clocks per job
- Upload pertinent documents as required.
- Update notes as needed to tell the story of the project while it is in your possession. Expectation for notes is a MINIMUM of every 2 days. Projects that are scheduled in the future may have a note specifying what the next step is with a SPECIFIC expectation date.
- Update Target Completion Date/WIP daily.
- Update % complete by Wednesday of every week.
- Upload after pictures and certificate of completion documents
Paid Time Off